I'm a much happier Kara this Sunday morning. I lost 3 lbs last week! Bringing my current weight to 207.8. This a good start to the new week. I would like to thank the water that I was better about drinking and my GHGs that (mostly) got in every day. Working the plan!
So... I promised a recipe for the amazing Thai Peanut Chicken that I posted yesterday. Here you go:
Thai Peanut Chicken
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 small
- 1 box SnapDragon Roasted Peanut Chow Mein Noodles (see pic below)
- I small jar of Thai peanut sauce (Asian section of the supermarket)
- 1 large red bell pepperm sliced to 1/4"
- 4 cups fresh snow peas, packed
- baby corn (sometimes you can find them fresh in the produce section (holla to Wegman's supermarkets for having these fresh always!) or you can find canned ones, again Asian section- and they aren't that bad!)
To make it:
1. Saute over medium-high heat the chicken breasts till golden on both sides. Finish cooking to 165 degrees in a 350 degree oven.
2. Prepare the Roasted Peanut noodles according to the package. Do not over boil the noodles or they become gross and sticky. While the noodles are boiling prep your veggies!
3. Place peppers in a Zip 'n' Steam bag. Microwave for 2.5 minutes.
4. The baby corn should be fully ready to cook/eat. Prepare the same as your peppers.
5. Wash the snow peas in cool water. No need to steam them, they'll become too soft and limp. Yup, I said limp. No one wants limp peas.
6. Finish preparing the noodles with the chopped peanut and spice package
7. Toss all ingredients, including teh Thai Peanut Sauce, into the pot with the prepared chow mein noodles and toss to coat. Place the lid on and add a touch of chicken stock to keep moist, allow all ingredients to come to the same temp.
This recipe makes 5-6 servings with amount of veggies I specified at 11 Points Plus. Add more veggies to cut the PP values for Weight Watchers. I love baby corn and could even take out the chicken for more peppers and baby corn : ) This is fantastic and is easy and quick to prepare.
|I found these in the Asian section of the supermarket. Walmart also sells them as well as many on-line sellers.|
Oh! The humor! I mentioned Kat (from a board on WW) yesterday and how she helped me put some things in perspective. I posted a new profile pic there to keep my mind and attitude light. I thought I would share it with you too.
|Curious about this scary and odd image? Click here!|
Enjoy your Sunday!