Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 254 - Confessions of Cranky Chubby Girl

Ok. So yesterday's weight in was technically a success-- I did lose. But I was so used to losing 2 or more pounds per week, especially at the beginning of the program in the past. So yesterday's -0.2 lbs. was not what I had hoped for. So how did I respond?

Yup. That's me. Pigtails, brown hair and pink shirt, who else could it be?

Uh huh. All day long.




Yeah. I had a grown up temper tantrum all day long. Because the number on the scale didn't change as much as I wanted it to. I know I said I was going to just move on and get on with my week despite my mild disappointment, but clearly I was lying to myself. Just ask them fam, I was not much fun to be around. And it has carried over to today. 

Part of my actually getting past it is understanding what is really happening. I know me. I know that I'm an all-or-nothing kind of person which is a good quality in specific situations... But not here. I was soooooooo off my rocker yesterday that I was just about to give up and let the re-fatting begin. At least I'd enjoy the food. Then I kind of woke up.

Truer words have never been uttered.
I realized what I was doing and that I need to just give myself a chance to succeed. And realize that yesterday's weigh in WAS NOT A FAILURE. I've got a bit of a perfectionist complex. And I need to let it exist where it belongs, like with cakes and baking. Not here. Not where my self-esteem resides. Because I know I can do this--I've already done it once.

Maybe that's what I should focus on this week. And drinking my water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...