Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 69

YEAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
10% of my starting weight is gone for a total weight loss of 25.6 lbs!

My total weight loss has reached a milestone and a significant one at that. Read below for some of the benefits of losing 10% of current weight (especially is you're over weight):
A Healthier Heart
By losing just 10 percent of your body weight, you can lower your cholesterol and reduce your blood pressure, says G. Ken Goodrick, PhD, psychologist and associate professor of medicine at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. High cholesterol and elevated blood pressure are two major risk factors for heart disease.
Lower Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
If you're overweight, you're at increased risk for type 2 diabetes, which means your body can't make enough, or properly use, insulin, a hormone that helps convert food to usable energy. By losing just 10 percent of your body weight, you'll improve your body's ability to use the insulin it makes, possibly preventing the onset of the disease, Miller-Kovach says. If you already have type 2 diabetes, shedding that 10 percent may improve your symptoms and possibly prevent complications, she adds.
More Pep
"Just a 10 percent weight loss increases feelings of vigor and vitality," says Miller-Kovach. "You'll feel better and have more energy."
A Mental Edge
Losing 10 percent can give you the self-confidence and motivation you need to keep going. "Success builds on success," says Miller-Kovach. But be sure you recognize it. "Losing 10 percent is a milestone in the journey," says Miller-Kovach. "Once you get there, take the time to congratulate yourself on your efforts."
Reality Check
After losing 10 percent, you gain a sense of what it will take to lose the rest and reach your final goal weight. "It gives you a context in terms of saying, 'Am I willing to put in that much more effort to lose even more weight?'" Miller-Kovach says. If the answer is no, that's okay. "Some people only lose 10 percent and that's it," says Goodrick. If that's you, pat yourself on the back. "Health-wise, a 10-percent weight loss is a great achievement," Goodrick says.
A few other numbers to celebrate...
  •   -3 inches from my arms
  •   -4.25 inches from my hips
  •   -2.5 inches from my waist
  •   -4.1 inches from my thighs
  •   - 2 dress sizes
  •   ZERO change in my bust, and considering I don't have much in the way of boobs this is completely ok with me : )
Thank you all for following me on my journey. I promise to be a better blogger and maintain my accountability going forward. See y'all tomorrow!


~Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...