Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 240 - Peanut Butter Chocolate Apple Bowl

I'm into bowls. I'm also NOT into meals right now. This is mostly due to lack of time and energy caused by newest love (Baby). So I'm thinking outside the plate.

I needed to get some fruit in for the day and I was craving protein of some kind. So this is what I created, and it made a great mid-afternoon snack/meal-thing. Check it out...

Peanut Butter Chocolate Apple Bowl

Hmmmm.... just noticed that gigantic chip in my bowl. Time to head to Pier One : )

Here's the recipe and Weight Watcher's Healthy Checks breakdown:

  • 1 small/medium apple (I like Granny Smith)
  • 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup Bear Naked Heavenly Chocolate granola
  • 1 tsp safflower oil
This provides:
  • 9 Points Plus
  • 1-2 servings fruit
  • 1 serving heart healthy oil
  • delicious whole grains and satisfying protein
It may seem like a lot of points, but when you have to squeeze in meals in the form of snacks, feel satisfied, and demand yummy things in your mouth... this works perfectly! The peanut butter adds the heftiest portion of points and I'm thinking of changing it up slightly for tomorrow using fat-free Greek yogurt instead. I'll let you know how it goes : )

How would you compose your snack bowl? I would love to hear your thoughts below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...