How to Boil an Egg 101
- Begin with a cold egg and a pot. Place the cold egg into the empty pot and cover with cold water by at least one inch. Just trust me.
- Add 1 tsp white vinegar and bring to a rolling boil.
- Allow to boil for only 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, cover the pot, and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- When your timer tells you 20 minutes have passed, remove the egg to an ice water bath and allow to cool there (about 10 minutes).
Voila! Perfect egg every time! And this beautifully boiled egg will come in handy for tomorrow's dinner side dish--Cauliflower Polonaise.