So today I introduce you to the reason I changed my mind about cauliflower...
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed (break them off, don't cut them... they look prettier)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 hard boiled egg, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Place cauliflower florets into a 3 quart sauce pot with the milk. Fill the pot to 3/4 full with cool water.
2. Bring the cauliflower to a boil, uncovered, and boil until fork tender (the acid in the milk helps keep the cauliflower from oxidizing or discoloring). Drain the water and reserve.
4. Add the bread crumbs and the chopped egg and toss around the pan with a spatula to coat and heat.
5. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat.
2 PointsPlus for Weight Watcher's and equals one serving of vegetables.
I have forever changed my tune about cauliflower...
This pairs great with red meat as a replacement for potatoes (to cut down on carbs and starch).
Tomorrow: Potatoes Mille Feuille (mille feuille means 'thousand layers or sheets' and usually is used to refer to laminated pastries like puff dough)