Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 263 - Sugar Cravings

Sugar cravings have nothing to do with pregnancy for me. I have a natural disposition to sugar and I know better than to allow myself to get started with it. If I take even a small bite of something overly sweet (which is all the good stuff) I'm done for. It triggers this need, and I know biologically and metabolically it has to do with blood sugar levels and with a bad, deeply ingrained unhealthy relationship I have with food in general, but particularly sugar.

I had to ask my husband to remove the sweets form the house again yesterday. What was here was mostly just remnants of the holidays... but it's like a gateway drug for me.

I'm having a hard time getting back on track with eating. My appetite is off and I'm craving more filling type things right now, which may or may not have to do with baby. I need to get my head screwed back on straight. I didn't do an official weigh in this past Sunday as I hadn't been following the plan most of last week, thinking that I would be told to drop it once I met with my midwife. She said to keep eating the way I have been-healthfully-and pay attention to needing more food. So I ate like an emotion mess last week (and the last couple days) and I've gained weight. Granted, my body is not fully processing food as efficiently right now (read constipation if you've been pregnant before...you know how this goes) which has something to do with what the scale showed me this morning. I'll fill y'all back in this upcoming Sunday. Back on the scale. Back to responsibility.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way about sugar. Having a hard time confronting the addiction. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...