Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day Seven

I had to take the day off from the P90x routine. I have deduced that my knees do not like the legs and back routine. I think I may need to remove that from my repertoire till I lose a bit of weight. Well supplement with a different workout. Still doing well with my eating; I made a wonderful chili that is packed with veggies and beans and 85% ground beef. Since it's light on the ground beef, I was o.k. using 85% rather than a leaner 90%. The little bit of fat and protein from the beef helped with feeling satisfied for a longer time after eating and only affected the point value of the 12oz serving by one point. It was perfect! I froze the rest in Ziploc baggies in the meal size portion to make grabbing one later easier- points already portioned and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. have you thought about using turkey instead of ground beef? one thing i've learned is that you can buy the cheaper beef, brown it, then rinse it in a colander with hot water to remove the fat - comes out as one lean, mean, protein machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried ground turkey at all actually... I'll have to try that. Thank you : )

    ReplyDelete

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...