Friday, May 13, 2011

Days 39 & 40

So, I wanted to post an update last nite but a horrible, vicious virus attacked my computer and ruined my nite. But I have some wonderful and amusing IT guys. So it's all better.

I had a huge victory today. I have to make a cake for Sunday (for those of you who don't know, I have a special occasion cake business) and I am working with two new formulas. As any chef will tell you, you ALWAYS taste your food- how else would you know what you're handing to your customers? So of course I set some points aside and planned for having (and wanting) to taste my new Red Velvet formula and the accompanying cream cheese butter cream.  I was able to taste and nibble only within reason and stop, even when it sat staring at me for a long while! This is a huge deal- just a few months ago I would have devoured all of the scraps and pounded back a few glasses of cold, crisp milk. I kept myself controlled and I enjoyed trying my new confection, and then I was satisfied and done :) Yay me!

I've also been sneaking on the scale. Sundays are my weigh in days so I try to stay away till then, however I've realized that stepping on the scale almost daily has kept me focused and accountable. I spent a long time away from the scale and it was easy then for me to ignore minor weight gain. Now I get to routinely celebrate routine weight loss! I'm excited to log my official weight again on Sunday! I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...