Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 222 - Roasted Beet Salad For Turkey Day

I had a delicious beet salad with a creamy goat cheese dressing while I was in Portland.



See. There it is.

A crisp bed of greens with slices of (madarine?) orange, golden raisins and and that delightfully creamy dressing. I'm thinking this too will grace my Thanksgiving table next week. I'm thinking I'll mix romaine with arugula, add some cranberries or pomegranate seeds, hope for blood oranges with candy stripe and golden beets.

I'll be testing out a recipe for creamy goat cheese dressing I found at Food & Wine online. It's simple and straight to the point. No frills or fuss.

How to roast a beet? Here you go : )

2 comments:

  1. Your recipes here look amazing!

    I am currently at 193 also trying to lose the weight (70 lbs! EEK!) that I gained from the birth of my son 3 1/2 months ago.

    I sneaked over and looked at your cakes. I ventured into cake decorating and fondant for a while. I didn't have any education beyond Wilton's beginner class, however. I found I was eating too much of the cakes and fondant and icing, so I abandoned it. : (

    I enjoy reading your blog and I will recommend it on my Follow Friday! I look forward to learning more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much Elle! I appreciate the support : )

    Get back to cakes... The world would be better if there were more cakes--who doesn't get happy about cake?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...