This could create an addiction like my Avocado Chicken Pizza... This recipe is a take on Mystery Bay Farm's goat cheese pizza recipe. I've broken it down for you and made it and waistline friendly. And if you've never had the need to caramelize an onion, see the YouTube video below the recipe... It's much easier to show than tell : )
Caramelized Onion, Sausage and Goat Cheese Pizza
- 1 Original Light Flatout wrap
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 oz. semi-soft or soft plain goat cheese (though and herbed one would be fantastic!)
- 1 cup sliced raw onions (it's important that the onions are cut to the same width so they cook evenly and don't burn, 1/3 inch will do)
- 1/2 link of cooked Italian sausage, sliced and cut into halves
- 1/4 tsp. crushed rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On top of a baking sheet, place foil (or non-stick mat) and then the Flatout wrap.
2. In a small 1 or 1.5 quart sauce pot, place 1 tsp of olive oil and all of the sliced onions. Cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, golden colored and sweet smelling. (see video below) Set aside.
3. Cook sausage thoroughly, either by pan frying, grilling or microwaving. Slice thin, and cut half of the slices in half again; like half moons. Set aside.
4. Drizzle remaining tsp of olive oil over the Flatout wrap and spread evenly with your finger. Crumble the goat cheese evenly over the entire wrap. Lay the caramelized onions and sausage over the goat cheese and sprinkle the rosemary, salt and pepper over top.
5. Bake approximately 9 minutes or until the edges of the wrap are beginning to turn brown.
This pizza was 8 PP (Weight Watchers) for me, but you'll need to calculate your own sausage per it's packaged nutrition guidelines. It's one of the yummiest things I've eaten in the last 3 weeks... see yesterday's post to gauge how amazing this pizza really must have been : )
Tomorrow- more of my trip and some inspiration for more meals.