Let's get the confession out of the way first.
I've been eating like crap since I returned from my trip. I begin each day with good motivation and intentions and on plan. Then by about 2pm I'm starting to spiral out of control, eating high-point, low nutrition, non-whole foods. And because they are not filling or satisfying at all, I then eat more, and it keeps going 'round and 'round and 'round. And for the first time while being on the Weight Watcher's program, my points are in the red for the week--which means I've eaten more than my allotted points. And I haven't tracked everything I ate yet... This stops today.
That's why I told all of you. My accountability has been key in my success, and denying to myself and you what I've been doing is only going to hurt my efforts. The scale will be honest with me tomorrow morning and I'm ready to accept responsibility for what I've done. Time to move forward!
And because of all of this, I woke up wanting left overs. But this doesn't mean I can't get creative and incorporate them in a healthful and reasonable way into my morning meal. So here's what I did. And it counts for 1 veggie serving and 2 heart healthy oils. Score!
Mashed 'Potato' Pancakes
- 1/2 cup leftover Mashed 'Potatoes' with Chives (from my Turkey Day menu, or your own mashers)
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 Tbsp.shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
2.Meanwhile, with a fork mix together the egg white and left over mashed potatoes until they are very well incorporated.
3. Add the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Tilt the frying pan from side to side to evenly coat it with olive oil. Scoop all of your potato and egg mixture into the pan and spread evenly so you have a nice round shape, not quite the full size of the pan. Allow to cook for at least 4 minutes before you try to check the underside for doneness. (keep an eye on the heat and if it seems to be scorching the pancake, every stove top's 'medium' heat is different--adjust as necessary)
5. Once you're able to insert a spatula under the pancake without it breaking, gently lift one side a pour the remainder of the olive oil, then flip it.
6. Continue cooking until the bottom has set as well. Then enjoy!
This is good as is, or with a dab of ketchup.
4 PP for Weight Watcher's as written with 1 veggie serving and 2 heart healthy oils.
nom nom nom!