Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 184 - Ginger Honey Glazed Carrots

Vveeeths ah shooooooo goot! (That's me talking with my mouth full)

Translation: These are sooooooooo good!

I had an abandoned bunch of baby carrots in my fridge. They looked so forlorn and longing for happiness... Happiness that could only be found with my condiments and spices as accessories.

I searched through my pantry. I searched my spice cabinet. And I debated which flavors I was in the mood for. My original attempt was delish. But my second go around that was meant for photos and my blog (as well as my grumbling tummy) took a seemingly innocent turn, and was transformed! The citrus zest at the end is what makes this dish spectacular. The brightness of the citrus zest, the richness of the carrots and honey, and bold flavored ginger dance in unison on you tongue when they're all brought together. This will definitely be on my Thanksgiving menu this year.


Ginger Honey Glazed Carrots

  • 2 cups baby carrots (or large carrots sliced to 1/2 inch thick)
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • pinch of ground ginger
  • pinch of Kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp orange or lemon zest
You'll also need a Ziplock Zip'n'Steam bag or your favorite steaming method (the bags take 3 minutes to cook the carrots...wonderful time saver) and a non-stick pan spray.

1. Place your two cups of carrots into your Zip'n'Steam bag and cook according to directions.
Let the carrots cool a bit, or they will liquify the honey.

2. Spray your Tbsp measuring spoon lightly with the non-stick spray and measure the honey directly on to carrots while they are still in the bag.

3. Add the ginger, reseal the bag and shake it around a bit.

4. Sprinkle the salt and the zest just before serving.

Serves 4 as a side dish (or just one depending on how hungry you are).
For Weight Watcher's - 1 Point Plus per serving (at four servings)

Tomorrow: Boobs. Yup, boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...