Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 192 - Big Confessions

I have been sick for about 4 months; the last 4-5 weeks being worse. I battle this everyday, and most of the time I win. But it will always take it's turn having the better of me. I've come to realize this about my life, and I have found ways to fight it. But I will always fight it.

The difference now is that I have set myself up a new lifestyle, a healthful one, and this sickness is interfering to a detrimental degree. It's burning the vast landscape of good habits I've worked so hard to develop. I know better days will come again, and as always I have to ride out this storm.

But this journey has been about interacting in a positive way with food; about learning how to take care of my body. Now, I have no appetite. I've resisted food for the last 2 weeks (not completely, I wouldn't be here to write to you all). I have accumulated about 18-20 hours of sleep over the last 8 days. And because when it's here the illness rules, it's been difficult to break.

I'm trying hard, and I'm fighting. And I'll make it out, I know this about myself. It's why you haven't seen many recipes or dinner ideas in the last 2 weeks. I will commit to making something great for you by this weekend. Let's give it a deadline: before my Sunday weigh in post (which may be drastic again) I will have sent out some good food love.

In the meantime, I'm off to attempt to eat something. And sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...