Soft, supple, delicate and understated.
It is a great cheese to serve at parties with a cheese tray, or just to treat yourself once in a while.
This is one of many way to enjoy it (and use more of those apples!).
Toasted Brie with Apples and Plum Riesling Jam
- 1 small apple, Granny Smith work nicely
- 1 oz. sliced Presidente Brie
- 1/2 Flatout Foldit 5 Grain Flax
- 1 tsp. Plum Riesling Jam (my recipe)
2. Slice your apple to a slightly less than 1/4 inch thick and lay slices on the toast/crackers.
3. Slice the log of Brie into 1/4 inch thick slices and lay them atop the apple.
4. Toast them in an oven/convection oven at 375 degrees for 5 minutes, until Brie begins to melt.
5. Let cool for 2 minutes then top with the plum Riesling jam.
I also added some concord grapes to my plate to create two full servings of fruit. This is a wonderful mid-afternoon snack that is easy and fancy : ) For Weight Watcher's it is 4 Points Plus if you use the Light Brie, 5 Points Plus if you use the regular. But what a wow for 4-5 points and a great snack!
Tomorrow: Honey Ginger Glazed Baby Carrots