Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 188 - Sundried Tomato Breakfast Burrito

Last week was rough. I didn't eat as much as I should have, and yesterday (the first day of the new week) I had a hard time getting back to eating enough. So I've decided that to help combat this lack of points in my overall diet right now, I'm going to have to focus on higher-point meals featuring point-dense foods. I did well with my good healthy guidelines (GHGs) yesterday, and that will be the other focus of my meals this week.

Let's begin with breakfast... I loved this burrito, but I'm a sucker for anything Mexican any time of the day. I used the Flatout Light Sundried Tomato wraps for this and they were great. This burrito, as written below, provides 2 servings veggies, 1 serving heart healthy oil, and lean protein.

Sundried Tomato Breakfast Burrito

 
  •  1 Flatout Wrap (Light Sundried Tomato)
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 whole egg 
  • 1 Tbsp. skim milk
  • 1 tsp Safflower oil
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
  • 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/8 cup Escabeche style salsa
  • 2 Tbsp. sour cream
  • 1/8 cup shredded Mexican style cheese

  1. Chop peppers and slice tomatoes, set aside.
  2. Separate two eggs, reserving the whites, and beat them together with the one whole egg and skim milk.
  3. Heat the safflower oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat.
  4. Cook peppers and tomatoes till they begin to brown on the surface.
  5. Add the beaten egg and milk mixture and scramble them in the pan with the peppers and tomatoes. Add slat and pepper to taste.
  6. Once eggs are fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese over top to melt.
  7. Slide the eggs and melted cheese on to a wrap and roll it up.
  8. Dip in salsa and sour cream and enjoy!
This is a 9 PP item for Weight Watcher's. I would usually have coffee with a serving of milk with this and a large banana or strawberries on the side to get more GHGs in. This will hold your hunger over for a while, and is well balanced among the food groups.

Tomorrow: Some fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...