Let's begin with breakfast... I loved this burrito, but I'm a sucker for anything Mexican any time of the day. I used the Flatout Light Sundried Tomato wraps for this and they were great. This burrito, as written below, provides 2 servings veggies, 1 serving heart healthy oil, and lean protein.
Sundried Tomato Breakfast Burrito
- 1 Flatout Wrap (Light Sundried Tomato)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp. skim milk
- 1 tsp Safflower oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup Escabeche style salsa
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/8 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- Chop peppers and slice tomatoes, set aside.
- Separate two eggs, reserving the whites, and beat them together with the one whole egg and skim milk.
- Heat the safflower oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat.
- Cook peppers and tomatoes till they begin to brown on the surface.
- Add the beaten egg and milk mixture and scramble them in the pan with the peppers and tomatoes. Add slat and pepper to taste.
- Once eggs are fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese over top to melt.
- Slide the eggs and melted cheese on to a wrap and roll it up.
- Dip in salsa and sour cream and enjoy!
Tomorrow: Some fun!