Now for the pizza! I changed my dinner up last night, too, and I would like to share it with you (not the actual pizza, it might go bad in the mail). I was in the mood for avocado all day, but I had already prepared chicken and sauteed zucchini for the whole weeks worth of dinners. I'm eatin' the zucchini--I love it--but it shall remain separate from it's amigo, the chicken.
|Avocado Chicken Pizza - made with salsa|
- 5oz. (1/5 of a prepared package) fresh pizza dough
- 1/4 cup salsa (I like Escabeche style)
- 3oz. grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup mexican style shredded cheese
- 1tsp. olive oil
- Green bell pepper to taste
- 1/2 of a small avocado, sliced
- Stretch dough to a rectangle 12" x 5" on a greased sheet tray (or silcone baking mat).
- Spread the salsa evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle chicken over the salsa, then the cheese over the chicken.
- Add bell peppers.
- Bake according to the directions on the dough package.
- Top with sliced avocado and drizzle with olive oil.
This is easily one of the best things to have entered my mouth recently. It wasn't planned out, it wasn't a recipe I saw elsewhere. It was just a creative combination of what I was craving, what I had on hand, and what GHGs I still had to get in for the day. And let me tell you... WOW!
Tomorrow: My interview with Matt- a fellow culinary student successfully dropping extra pounds. A guy's perspective.