Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 127 - One Hot Momma

Everyone should have goals in life. But since life is constantly changing it's hard to plan for very many things outside of a few years in advance. There are some very important things that we can plan for and change with a good degree of certainty though: your health and how you feel about yourself. My weight loss goals are simple, realistic, measurable, and within reach. Let me tell you about them.

  • Lose 100-115 pounds- I want to live a long and strong life to keep up with my children, grandchildren and maybe even great-grandchildren. I need a healthy heart and innards (I love that word!) to accomplish this, and removing some of my unhealthy habits that work against this is the first step.
  • More self confidence- I never really actively thought too much about my confidence levels. I was confident in my knowledge, studies, abilities, talents... However, only once I began to lose this excessive weight did I realize what a blow to my self-confidence all those pounds delivered. I feel better about myself and am able to enjoy interacting with everyone else more.
  • I want to shop like other smaller gals- I want to not have to go the plus-sized store (even though they have some very cute clothes) or even into the plus-sized section of a regular store. I want to be able to grab any article or clothing I see off a rack because chances are that they'll have my smaller size. I don't want to feel like I'm shopping for tents anymore!
  • To cross my legs easily while sitting.
  • Trophy Wife! I want my hubby to have a hot wife. Enough said : )
  • And last but not least ***GENTLEMEN CLOSE YOUR EYES!*** If my hips and butt were smaller, my boobs would look bigger... I was not well endowed in the chest area. I'm only asking for proportionality.
These things may be odd to someone else, but they are my goals and wants. One of my recently achieved goals was to bend over forward to pick something up off the ground without loosing my breath or struggling. This was HUGE for me- I had been terrified of dropping things in public because I would have to spread my knees and bend forward to get over my stomach. Many smaller people don't think about these things, but simple tasks have different meanings when you're over weight. So when it comes to having selfish or superficial goals mixed in with the others, it's more like icing on the cake.

Leave me a message below and announce to the world what your goals are!

Coming soon: We're going to get a guys perspective on losing weight in the culinary field.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kara,
    I am very proud of your progress and it amazing what you can do once you set you mind to achieve a goal. My goal is to stay at my current weight and get back into cycling shape over the next 12 months. It has been a ton of work to get my back rehabbed, finally the pain is gone and I am on my way to rebuilding my strength so I can ride two 100 mile rides next summer. Keep up the good work!
    Jerry Fischetti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professor, you're so kind! I'm sure you are just itching to get back on your bike. I'm sending you good vibes to achieve your goal. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *mostly* want to lose weight so that I have healthy pregnancies. We're ready to start trying now, and I don't want to hit 300 pounds at 9 months pregnant, so I'm going to work on shedding about 50 pounds right now so that doesn't happen. Other than that, looking sexy and not lumpy would be a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goal is to get to a weight that my husband has only seen in photo's. I was 190 when we met. 220 when we married, and I am 254 now (down 15 pounds!) My ultimate goal is 170. That would be ten pounds smaller than I have ever been in my adult life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sexy vs. lumpy is a great motivvator isn't it? My goal weight is a size my husband has only seen in pictures as well, and that excites me : )

    Thank you all for sharing your goals and shouting them out to the world. It makes them real, gives them life. Good luck on beginning (or continuing on) in all of your journeys! Keep us posted with your successes!

    ReplyDelete

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...