Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 128 - This is What Makes Weight Loss Difficult

I've been doing really well with my eating, have been responsible about tracking, and just now getting back on the exercise bandwagon. 'In control' would aptly describe my existence. Then yesterday happened. Without boring everyone with he-said/she-said details, it became an overly emotional day. Yesterday's proverbial cup runneth over into today and is drowning me emotionally again. So I'm having a hard time not drowning my sorrows in baked goods and anything salty I can find. I know that I am an emotional eater. I also know that I need to learn to step back from whatever is bothering me and realize that food doesn't solve it. (If it did, my life would have been dancing with perfect at 250 lbs.)

I broke.
I knew it was coming, and I let it get the better of me.

I only ate an abnormally large corn muffin, and I'm still within my eating plan; but it feels like a motivational defeat. Almost like "It was an honor just to be nominated" speeches after not winning an award, or "Hey Champ, you gave it your best shot."

Learning to forgive yourself, forget and move on is harder than my financial accounting class...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...