Yup, add a little heat and the natural sugars (though there maybe significantly less than fruit) will begin to caramelize and intensify. Here's yesterday's snack... just food for thought : )
Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
|Yet another yummy snack that did make it to photo time...|
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking tray with aluminum foil
- Core 2 plum tomatoes, or whatever is abounding in your garden right now and cut into halves.
- Peel garlic cloves (as many as you like) and cut off any dry ends
- Place tomatoes cut side up on baking tray and sprinkle garlic cloves around them on the tray
- Drizzle tomatoes and garlic with Extra Virgin Olive Oil; sprinkle all with pepper and Kosher salt to taste
- Roast for about 20 minutes, or until the tomato is bursting and bubbling, garlic should be a deep golden color
- Eat and enjoy!
I can't begin to tell you how amazingly yummy this is... roasted tomatoes are one of my favorite things, so simple, so honest, and so packed with flavor. There is no way to not feel satisfied after this snack.
Tomorrow: Planning for Irene- How I'm going to stay on plan while the world ends. : ) Kidding!