Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 135 - Me and My Steel Cut Oats

Have I told you how much I love steel cut oats? If I haven't, let me declare to the world my undying affections for those little bundles of chewy, tender, wholesome goodness! Prepared with organic skim milk (yes- I'm an organic milk kind of gal) and served over a tablespoon or two of creamy peanut butter is one of my favorite morning meals.

Why am I pining over my beloved steel cut oats? Because my meal plan for the week is in need of a makeover. I'm not satisfied throughout the day and need to reconfigure my meal plan that I had laid out for the week. Don't get me wrong, I've stuck to it faithfully but to ward off an overreaction to feeling deprived I need to address the fact that my body is not being given what it needs.

So let's start at the very beginning. It's a very good place to start. I promise I won't break into song, but I will change my breakfast. This morning. Out with the old (cereal) and in with the new (oats). I'll let you know how it goes. In the mean time, watch Chef Keith Snow prepare these yummy oats!


(While his serving suggestion at the end looks tempting I will resist! Too many points that aren't worth it to me. Peanut butter. Just peanut butter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...