Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 153 - Late Breakfast

If you are a regular visitor to my blog and stalk my Sunday weigh in posts you'll notice that I was significantly later than usual yesterday... Life likes to drop BIG obstacles in your path some days. I eat after I weigh in so my breakfast was also significantly delayed. Around 11am is when I finally ate breakfast, which is a bit late to get the furnace burning, so I had to go with a bigger breakfast/brunch than usual for a weekend morning. Let's review, shall we?

So this yum-o omelet consisted of the following...

  • 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
  • a splash of non-fat milk
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 cup pico de gallo
  • 2 oz. lean deli ham
  • 1/8 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
I sautee the pico de gallo with the olive oil first till the onions caramelize and are a delicious golden brown color. Then I pour my beaten eggs and milk and cook untill it's ready to flip. Then I add the ham and cheese and flip it over onto itself.

I can't resist sour cream with my ham and cheese omelets so a 2 Tbsp. portion will do on the side. And of course, what would breakfast be without some fresh fruit? Here I had 1.5 cups of grapes, cherries and strawberries. Yum : )  I gotta tell ya, the pico de gallo take omelets to a different place. *drooling on myself slightly*

This breakfast provides: 4 servings fruits/veggies, 1 serving heart healthy oil, and lean protein.
8 Points Plus for my Weight Watcher's buddies. 

Tomorrow: More of my pantry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...