Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 168 - Dessert for Breakfast

Chocolate, toasted coconut, vanilla and fresh bananas.Yup, and I'm still on plan.

Ok, so it's not really dessert, but it might as well be. Eat it at night and my point will be made.

I needed a new breakfast item to sweeten up my mornings. Don't get me wrong, I love my eggs, Greek yogurt and Chex. And my coffee will always be my morning companion with a splash of fat free milk. Give this a try tomorrow morning.



Tropical Breakfast Parfait

Slice your banana up and line the bottom of a small serving dish with half the slices. Scoop all of your yogurt atop the slices. Sprinkle your chocolate granola and garnish with the remaining banana slices.

If you have a cup of coffee or tea with 1/4 cup of fat free milk along side this yummy dessert breakfast you will have: 2 servings of fruit, 1 full serving of dairy, and some wonderfully heart healthy whole grains.

I've long loved Bear Naked granola. I first saw them on a Food Network episode about successful small companies. They're not so small anymore : )  And their product is top notch and worth every penny and point. Support these guys, they do it right.

Tomorrow: Another wonderful fall fruit, the pear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...