For today, I'm going to share with you some of what has been missing lately at this stage of my weight loss journey.
- My love handles. I never truly had 'love handles' per se, but I was more full around that area than I was comfortable with. Muffin top no more!
- On the outer sides of my butt cheeks (yup, talkin' about my butt now- we've officially reached that level of comfort) there were these two little 'pouches' about the size of a small pickle of fat. They were tiny, but noticeable. Notice the word were being used. Yup! No more pickle cheeks!
- I do miss my pants fitting. I suppose seeming like they were spray-painted on isn't exactly fitting, but neither is sliding off my rear end. It takes some getting used to, wearing clothes that are lose or actually fit properly.
- I miss pigging out. Not really, but some days I want to just have at whatever yummy little morsel of yumminess happens across my path while perusing the pantry. (OK, the benefits to not doing this are much greater. But Andrea--a classmate-- today had two collosal chocolate chip cookies in class and was chowing down. She weighs as much as my big toe. I just wanted a cookie.)
- I miss turning to food for comfort. It was my friend. This may sound silly, but it's an honest evaluation of my relationship with food. I've had to find other things to fill that emotional eating void. Replacing a friend is not easy.
Tomorrow: Food! And my new kitchen toy : )