Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 155 - What I'm Missing

I was going to show you something yummy today. I never cooked last night with my new fun Corningware ramekins (life again likes to throw BIG hurdles in the way). This I will do for you tomorrow.

For today, I'm going to share with you some of what has been missing lately at this stage of my weight loss journey.

  1. My love handles. I never truly had 'love handles' per se, but I was more full around that area than I was comfortable with. Muffin top no more!
  2. On the outer sides of my butt cheeks (yup, talkin' about my butt now- we've officially reached that level of comfort) there were these two little 'pouches' about the size of a small pickle of fat. They were tiny, but noticeable. Notice the word were being used. Yup! No more pickle cheeks!
  3. I do miss my pants fitting. I suppose seeming like they were spray-painted on isn't exactly fitting, but neither is sliding off my rear end. It takes some getting used to, wearing clothes that are lose or actually fit properly.
  4. I miss pigging out. Not really, but some days I want to just have at whatever yummy little morsel of yumminess happens across my path while perusing the pantry. (OK, the benefits to not doing this are much greater. But Andrea--a classmate-- today had two collosal chocolate chip cookies in class and was chowing down. She weighs as much as my big toe. I just wanted a cookie.)
  5. I miss turning to food for comfort. It was my friend. This may sound silly, but it's an honest evaluation of my relationship with food. I've had to find other things to fill that emotional eating void. Replacing a friend is not easy.
All in all, every effort I've made has benefited me enormously and I wouldn't go back and change it for anything. Changing your lifestyle is hard. And it's an intentional battle every day.

Tomorrow: Food! And my new kitchen toy  : )

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about #5 - it's definitely a challenge to find new ways to comfort yourself without food when that's been your go-to stress relief for so long. I'm happy, I eat - I'm sad, I eat. Now I can't do that, and I can feel lost sometimes. The book "50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food" by Susan Albers really helped me. Lots of activities to do instead of binge/emotionally eat.

    ReplyDelete

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...