Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 170 - What I Had For Lunch

It's been a while since I have indulged and gone out somewhere to eat. I'm light on cash these days, but I'm not very tempted by the rich foods generally found in a restaurant (and spending $12 on a salad makes zero sense to me). However, we have a wonderful nutritional foods center on campus called Saint Andrews (St. Andy's to the students) so my friend Steph and I made reservations and had a lovely lunch.





Organic WholeWheat Crepes
Preserved Tomato Pico de Gallo, Quinoa Chili, Cilantro Rice, Guacamole

This was soooooo good! I'm a sucker for crepes and it's hard to find many places that do them right. Of course, at school it's kind of a no-brainer... They're gonna be good! The guacamole was fresh and bright. I'm also a big quinoa fan, and the chili inside was fantabulous. I was only able to eat half (as this was actually my second course) but I brought the rest home for a late night snack to share.

The first course was Pizza Margherita- house-made Tomato Sauce, Basil, Mozzarella, Ricotta. Yum. That's all. Just yum.

I have no idea how I stopped myself.
I thoroughly enjoyed this meal. Great company, wonderful atmosphere, and terrific food. I'm still on plan and had quite treat. Considering I'm on the verge of breaking the 50 lb. barrier, this might seem like a gutsy move, indulging. I can eat whatever I want and still lose weight. It's about knowing how much, when, and how my body processes it. These insights into my metabolism are priceless.

Tomorrow: End of the week review. A couple things I've discovered about me.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...