Flatout Pizza Margherita
- 1 Light Italian Herb Flatout Bread
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce (Contadina)
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- fresh or dried basil
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Lay your Flatout bread on a non-stick baking mat or an aluminum foil wrapped baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
3. Spread the pizza sauce evenly around the Flatout to within 1/4 inch from the edges.
4. Using a spoon, scoop the ricotta cheese over the pizza sauce and spread it out flat with the back of the spoon.
5. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese even over the pizza; sprinkle basil atop the cheese.
6. Bake for approximately 8 minutes, until the edges have browned and are crisp.
7. Once finished baking, drizzle the Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the pizza and enjoy!
This was fantastic! The olive oil isn't just a good way to get a heart healthy oil in, but it was also a way to add a new depth to the flavor. This was great! I'm completely satisfied : )
As written this recipe is 7 PP for Weight Watchers. If you choose to use fat free cheeses it is only 6. I like mine with whole milk ricotta and part skim mozzarella which is 10 PP.
Tomorrow: WEIGH IN DAY!!!! See if I made it to 50 pounds!!!