Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 163 - My New 'Indulgence' -- Skinny Cow

I have always had a thing for ice cream. During both of my pregnancies I could often be found with a bowl of Panda Paws propped upon my large belly happily watching reruns of Frasier till odd hours of the night. I still love it but no longer have the excuse of the baby needing it (yes, I did this).  But I had banished ice cream from the icebox for the last two months (maybe more) because it was getting to be a late night snack, and one with sugar at that. I miss ice cream and think it's quite a feat that I have gone all summer without.

Vanilla and Chocolate combo pack (with WW Points Plus Values)


Have you heard of Skinny Cow? I tried this for the first time last night, I'm sucker for ice cream sandwiches and I was hooked on the Weight Watcher's brand for a bit. But I'm looking for a change and I hear Skinny Cow has a good variety of friendly ice cream products. This is what I tried tonight and I'm completely in love with! If you're on WW it's the same point value for this as a Giant Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich (WW brand) and I think the consistency and flavor are better. The cookie is tender but also has a bit of a crisp to it which is a nice contrast.


I will also be trying these (in the name of informing my followers of course) in no particular order...

Cookies and Cream, Strawberry Shortcake (yay!) and Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Why am I allowing a former problem back into my home? It was a treat. For nearly two months I have stuck rather strictly to just normal meals and two between meal snacks. I needed to get out of the habit of 'treats' but now I feel almost deprived. Feeling deprived on any eating plan can lead to binging... That is the last thing I want to do. What I'm working on is learning to eat reasonably in the real world. Treats and mini-indulgences exist in the real world and there is no reason to deny yourself something yummy... within reason.

Give 'em a try!

Tomorrow: What I've learned about myself through weight loss.

1 comment:

  1. Love those - especially the strawberry shortcake and mint chocolate ones!

    ReplyDelete

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...