Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 161 - My Newest Love

Meet.... Well, I don't have a name for her yet (I'm open to suggestions) but she is my new muse. She takes different forms every time I recreate her, she's very versatile. She personifies my moods, my struggles with foods and my recipes. She is my creative outlet when I need to not eat food but can't stop thinking about it. I've come to realize I'm a very funny person--at least in my own head. So I thought I would let you into my crazy cranium.

All Rights Kara Andretta 2011

Yes, I illustrated this myself, I was an art student in a past life--or 13 years ago. I don't have much time/reason/excuse to create for fun, my time is very tight and any extra gets devoted to things like sleep, or showering. So having a distinct reason and functional need to sit and get out my ink and pencils has felt terrific!

This is just a sketch pulled from my doodlings in a notepad. But this would accompany Day 143 where I highlight my love for roasted tomatoes and garlic. I chuckle endlessly at this one! There are many more from whence this little nugget of comic genius has come. Look for her beginning this weekend, and we'll decide when she will be making her regular appearance. I'm so happy to have introduced her to you! She really does make me happy : )


Tomorrow: A visit to my pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...