Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 154 - Play With Your Fruits and Veggies

Yesterday I told you I was going to let you into my pantry again. Well, kind of...

I always, always, always have fresh fruit and veggies on hand for meal times. And to keep myself interested and my creative juices flowing, I like to buy the non-standard items. Yes, I'm practically required by my boys to have bananas and apples on hand. And berries and grapes are most often found in my icebox, too. But hanging in one of my three suspended baskets, or in the basket on my counter, you'll also find some less traditional selections. Have a look at yesterday's shopping trip.

From right to left, let me introduce you to:
  • Graffiti Eggplant
  • Pluots
  • Acorn Squash
I have many ideas for the eggplant (check back tomorrow morning to see what I did with it tonight for dinner) and some involve the great new Corningware ramekins that I found at Target yesterday. The plouts are quite simply the yummy love child of the plum and apricot. Yes, love child... And I recently featured a great recipe of the acorn squash and have another in mind to try. They keep almost forever in a cool dry place, so don't hesitate to include them in your grocery adventure, even if you don't quite know what to do with them yet.

If you have any insights for any of the above mentioned botanical wonders, please feel free to share below. I (we) love fresh thoughts : )

Tomorrow: Tonight's dinner (don't worry, I won't push the leftovers on you) and fun cookware! (I'm cookware junkie. I see it, I buy it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your support:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...